PLA+ Skin edition - Skin 478C
1.75 mm; 1 kg
Demands for filament in the tone of skin were becoming more and more frequent. At the beginning we were subtly pushing this task aside. Honestly, we didn't know where to start. After all, there are 8 billion people in the world, what tone to choose for SKIN filament? In our office alone, there are… more
Always in stock! We are a long-term Czech manufacturer of filaments located in the very heart of Moravia, the ecologically awarded Agricultural Cooperative Haňovice.
We have been dealing with plastics processing since 1992 and we already have a lot of experience in this field. That is why we are not afraid to guarantee the highest quality of our filaments, the accuracy of their colors, and trouble-free printing.
In our assortment, you will find over 130 different filaments in both traditional and original trendy colors. From classic PLA, PLA+, and PETG materials, which are known for their simple printing, through more sustainable, recycled RePLA + and RePETG filaments to more complex materials such as ULTEM, FLEX, and more. These materials are handled by more experienced printers and are used mainly in the industry as an alternative production method with reduced waste.
- Quality - We guarantee the highest quality of input material and filaments, which is confirmed by thousands of satisfied customers around the world.
- More sustainable industry - Our industrial materials are suitable for industrial use as a more sustainable alternative to production and prototyping with reduced waste.
- Biogas station - We generate heat and electricity from our biogas station.
- Reuse of packaging material.
Sustainability and social responsibility are among the main pillars of our production. We are aware of the burden that the use of plastics places on our planet, and therefore we place great emphasis on ecology in terms of reducing waste and reusability.
- All our filaments are wound on 100% recycled spools.
- PLA input material is made from 100% renewable resources
- We do not throw away filaments that do not meet the highest quality standards, but after crushing them, we subsequently create recycled filaments, in the form of RePLA+ and RePETG.
- Color crossings are donated to schools, non-profit organizations, and circles.
- Return spools - Return our empty spools to us and buy new filaments cheaper.
Recycle with PM - the spool returning program
Setting up sustainable processes is an integral part of our philosophy. That's why we decided to improve the spool return program, which is renamed Every Returned Spool Helps. The principle of this program is simple - for each reel returned you get a bonus in the form of credits. You can then use them to buy new spools at better prices. You can read more about the program here.
- Our spools are 100% recycled and are Plastic Second Life® certified.
- You do not throw away the empty spool, but put it back in the original box
- As soon as you have at least 20 spools, you glue the boxes with duct tape and when you send them to us via the Mailbox, we will drop the transport.
- We will check the coils with us and if they are not dirty or damaged, we will return the coils to circulation and credit your customer account with credits.
Unfortunately, this service is only available within Czech Republic and Slovakia at this moment.
21,81 € (26,39 € with VAT 21 %)
|Empty spool weight||0.216 kg|
|Packaging weight||1.38 kg|
|Nozzle||190 - 210 °C|
|Manufacturer||Filament PM (Plasty Mladeč)|
Demands for filament in the tone of skin were becoming more and more frequent. At the beginning we were subtly pushing this task aside. Honestly, we didn't know where to start. After all, there are 8 billion people in the world, what tone to choose for SKIN filament?
In our office alone, there are 10 of us, and each of us would have a different tone to match. But in the end we accepted the challenge. Also because it is not so easy to find SKIN filament in other manufacturers. And that is why we decided to produce the SKIN edition of filaments right here in Haná.
Our American business partner Mr. Ladislav / IMADE3D, USA kick-started us at the beginning. He also dealt with the issue of SKIN filament shade and provided us with data from The Johns Hopkins Hospital located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Based on this data, we obtained the 7 most common tones used for the production of prostheses in this hospital.
We then had to decide what input material to use for the SKIN filament. PLA, PLA+ or PETG were in play. In the end we decided on PLA+ mainly because of its matte appearance, which is more skin acceptable than the glossier PLA. Our pigment supplier developed the shades for us and there was nothing stopping us from starting production of the SKIN edition. In the spring of 2022, the first test spools of SKIN filament were produced. Of course, we were the first ones to print them. Our test print was a prototype of a bionic hand. No problems arose during printing, as printing from PLA+ is user-friendly, the colours were consistent, matching the skin tones, so the next step was to decide what tones to present to our customers. We decided that we would make a final selection of 4 tones of SKIN filament to put on sale. But what was the key to select these 4 shades?
Volunteers from the world-famous e-NABLE organization helped us with this. People from all over the world responded to our call for SKIN filament testing and our SKIN filament test spools flew to the USA, South Africa, Algeria, France or Turkey. A big thank you goes out to the shipping company ByTorp s.r.o., who helped us with sending out these filament test kits and arranged everything free of charge. Volunteers then printed the filament, commented on the look and print and each of them selected 4 TOP shades.
And here are our winners - Pantone shades 480c, 479c, 478c and 477c. Also for the sake of better traceability and communication, we decided to keep the filament named after each Pantone shade.
Improved classic, even easier to print than ever before!
Are you interested in the difference between PLA and PLA +? Read our article on comparing these materials.
PLA+ (polylactic acid)
- improved printing properties compared to standard PLA:
- lower printing temperature 195 °C - great for bridging and printing overhangs
- higher adhesion of layers and impact toughness - ie. that the printed object is more flexible when bending
- higher viscosity = doesn't clog the nozzle
- the material withstands insufficient cooling of the printer in a warm environment (for example in the summer months), precisely because of the lower printing temperatures used and the higher viscosity
- is suitable for 3D pens, again due to lower temperatures
- has an attractive matte finish
- is offered in the new Army edition, classic Black&White, modern Pastel edition, or recycled RePLA+
- check out our video on PLA+ material
Nozzle: 190 - 210 °C
Heatbed: 60 °C
|✅ Attractive matte appearance||❌ Low-temperature resistance|
|✅ Suitable for 3D pens|
|✅ Higher viscosity = does not clog the nozzle|
|✅ It tolerates insufficient cooling of the printer in a warm environment|
|✅ Thanks to the lower printing temperature, suitable for bridging and printing overhangs|